A65 route, A59 route, A64 route, A170 route & A171 route
According to Think.direct.gov.uk,
Motorcyclists are just 1% of total road traffic, but account for 19% of all road user deaths. They are roughly 38 times more likely to be killed in a road traffic accident than car occupants, per mile ridden. In 2013, 331 motorcyclists died and 4,866 were seriously injured in road collisions in Great Britain.’ In addition, the organisation says that, ‘30 motorcyclists are killed or injured every day at junctions.
Based on collected data, routes with the highest risk for motorcyclists are highlighted on the following map between 2010 and 2014.
Looking at the history of motorcycle accidents, the number of two wheelers licensed in the UK was nearly 950,000 by the beginning of 2003. In 2004, 25,641 motorcyclists were injured and 585 killed. Even though these figures show a decrease compared to the figures in 2003, the number still remained too high given the fact that such accidents could arguably be avoided.
Even though the number in motorcyclist’s death has decreased since 2013, the number of serious injury kept on steadily increasing. Based on the ‘Number of fatalities resulting from road accidents in Great Britain between 2000 to 2013’ published by the Department of Transport,
The average death toll for motorcyclists has come down around the 600 mark per year, however, the number of serious accidents showed an increase. There are over 7000 serious injuries cases taking place in a year, which is equivalent to 19 in a day.
Official statistics show that most common reason for motorcycle accidents were caused by car drivers failing to look properly while the other reasons related to bikers loss of control at the bend, when braking or while overtaking.
Studies show that are three typical types of motorcycle crash
- Right of way violation accidents (38% of cases)
- Loss of control at bends (11% of cases)
- Overtaking accidents (15% of cases)
The following videos are for the official DVSA motorcycle tests.
Motorcycle Test: Module 1
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Riding
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Safety Questions
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Result
Keep up to date with the lastest news from Google below.
- Anonymous tip leads Riverside man to stolen WWII-era motorcycle in Rialto -...Posted on 24th March 2017 at 1:55 am
Press-Enterprise Anonymous tip leads Riverside man to stolen WWII-era motorcycle in […]
- NASA Almost Sent A Motorcycle To The Moon - Lanesplitter - Jalopnik - JalopnikPosted on 23rd March 2017 at 4:21 pm
Jalopnik NASA Almost Sent A Motorcycle To The Moon - Lanesplitter - JalopnikJalopnikTake a […]
- Iconic motorcycles behind famous 1980's TV series, CHiPs - The SunPosted on 23rd March 2017 at 3:29 pm
The Sun Iconic motorcycles behind famous 1980's TV series, CHiPsThe SunIF you are a fan of […]
- PICTURES: Speedy youngsters learn scooter and skateboard skills ... - GazettePosted on 23rd March 2017 at 6:11 pm
Gazette PICTURES: Speedy youngsters learn scooter and skateboard skills ...GazetteThe children […]
- Scooter clubs turn out to show their support for Hinchingbrooke Hospital -...Posted on 23rd March 2017 at 11:29 am
Hunts Post Scooter clubs turn out to show their support for Hinchingbrooke HospitalHunts PostThe […]
- Conservative Club Scooter show is set to raise funds - Worthing HeraldPosted on 23rd March 2017 at 9:19 am
Worthing Herald Conservative Club Scooter show is set to raise fundsWorthing HeraldThe […]
- Two taken to hospital after two accidents involving cars & bicycle - Stoke...Posted on 24th March 2017 at 9:51 am
Stoke Sentinel Two taken to hospital after two accidents involving cars & bicycleStoke […]
- Bicycle taxi riders say license plate issue creates confusion - IWACU English...Posted on 24th March 2017 at 7:42 am
IWACU English News (satire) (press release) (subscription) (blog) Bicycle taxi riders say […]
- Bicycle Times #46 is Here! - Bicycle Times MagazinePosted on 24th March 2017 at 5:07 am
Bicycle Times Magazine Bicycle Times #46 is Here!Bicycle Times MagazineWe all know bicycles are […]