A65 route, A59 route, A64 route, A170 route & A171 route
According to Think.direct.gov.uk,
Motorcyclists are just 1% of total road traffic, but account for 19% of all road user deaths. They are roughly 38 times more likely to be killed in a road traffic accident than car occupants, per mile ridden. In 2013, 331 motorcyclists died and 4,866 were seriously injured in road collisions in Great Britain.’ In addition, the organisation says that, ‘30 motorcyclists are killed or injured every day at junctions.
Based on collected data, routes with the highest risk for motorcyclists are highlighted on the following map between 2010 and 2014.
Looking at the history of motorcycle accidents, the number of two wheelers licensed in the UK was nearly 950,000 by the beginning of 2003. In 2004, 25,641 motorcyclists were injured and 585 killed. Even though these figures show a decrease compared to the figures in 2003, the number still remained too high given the fact that such accidents could arguably be avoided.
Even though the number in motorcyclist’s death has decreased since 2013, the number of serious injury kept on steadily increasing. Based on the ‘Number of fatalities resulting from road accidents in Great Britain between 2000 to 2013’ published by the Department of Transport,
The average death toll for motorcyclists has come down around the 600 mark per year, however, the number of serious accidents showed an increase. There are over 7000 serious injuries cases taking place in a year, which is equivalent to 19 in a day.
Official statistics show that most common reason for motorcycle accidents were caused by car drivers failing to look properly while the other reasons related to bikers loss of control at the bend, when braking or while overtaking.
Studies show that are three typical types of motorcycle crash
- Right of way violation accidents (38% of cases)
- Loss of control at bends (11% of cases)
- Overtaking accidents (15% of cases)
The following videos are for the official DVSA motorcycle tests.
Motorcycle Test: Module 1
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Riding
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Safety Questions
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Result
Keep up to date with the lastest news from Google below.
- Police identify man killed in Long Shoals Road motorcycle wreck - WLOSPosted on 27th May 2017 at 9:24 pm
WLOS Police identify man killed in Long Shoals Road motorcycle wreckWLOSA Honda motorcycle was […]
- Biker injured after crash 'throws' him from motorcycle - Hull Daily MailPosted on 27th May 2017 at 5:40 pm
Hull Daily Mail Biker injured after crash 'throws' him from motorcycleHull Daily MailA biker has […]
- Pink gets 'push present' motorcycle from hubby Carey Hart - Daily MailPosted on 27th May 2017 at 6:40 am
Daily Mail Pink gets 'push present' motorcycle from hubby Carey HartDaily MailPink posted an […]
- Whizzing round town with “Scooter Gran” - The CourierPosted on 27th May 2017 at 7:57 am
The Courier Whizzing round town with “Scooter Gran”The CourierScooter Gran Barbel […]
- Scooter fans' show of strength for family of tragic Olivia - The Bolton NewsPosted on 27th May 2017 at 5:04 am
ITV News Scooter fans' show of strength for family of tragic OliviaThe Bolton NewsSCOOTER fans […]
- Scooter rider held by police gets swift kick in the crotch | Daily Mail ... -...Posted on 26th May 2017 at 11:59 am
Daily Mail Scooter rider held by police gets swift kick in the crotch | Daily Mail ...Daily […]
- Three shot by man on a bicycle in West Village - New York PostPosted on 27th May 2017 at 3:05 pm
New York Daily News Three shot by man on a bicycle in West VillageNew York PostA gunman on a […]
- I like to ride my bicycle… - The CourierPosted on 27th May 2017 at 7:01 am
The Courier I like to ride my bicycle…The CourierWhen I reach the handlebars, those […]
- The Rover safety bicycle – the Holy Grail of the cycle industry - The CourierPosted on 27th May 2017 at 7:01 am
The Courier The Rover safety bicycle – the Holy Grail of the cycle industryThe CourierSo […]