A65 route, A59 route, A64 route, A170 route & A171 route
According to Think.direct.gov.uk,
Motorcyclists are just 1% of total road traffic, but account for 19% of all road user deaths. They are roughly 38 times more likely to be killed in a road traffic accident than car occupants, per mile ridden. In 2013, 331 motorcyclists died and 4,866 were seriously injured in road collisions in Great Britain.’ In addition, the organisation says that, ‘30 motorcyclists are killed or injured every day at junctions.
Based on collected data, routes with the highest risk for motorcyclists are highlighted on the following map between 2010 and 2014.
Looking at the history of motorcycle accidents, the number of two wheelers licensed in the UK was nearly 950,000 by the beginning of 2003. In 2004, 25,641 motorcyclists were injured and 585 killed. Even though these figures show a decrease compared to the figures in 2003, the number still remained too high given the fact that such accidents could arguably be avoided.
Even though the number in motorcyclist’s death has decreased since 2013, the number of serious injury kept on steadily increasing. Based on the ‘Number of fatalities resulting from road accidents in Great Britain between 2000 to 2013’ published by the Department of Transport,
The average death toll for motorcyclists has come down around the 600 mark per year, however, the number of serious accidents showed an increase. There are over 7000 serious injuries cases taking place in a year, which is equivalent to 19 in a day.
Official statistics show that most common reason for motorcycle accidents were caused by car drivers failing to look properly while the other reasons related to bikers loss of control at the bend, when braking or while overtaking.
Studies show that are three typical types of motorcycle crash
- Right of way violation accidents (38% of cases)
- Loss of control at bends (11% of cases)
- Overtaking accidents (15% of cases)
The following videos are for the official DVSA motorcycle tests.
Motorcycle Test: Module 1
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Riding
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Safety Questions
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Result
Keep up to date with the lastest news from Google below.
- Six amazing all-electric motorcycles - Engadget - EngadgetPosted on 3rd December 2016 at 4:00 pm
Engadget Six amazing all-electric motorcycles - EngadgetEngadgetZero-emissions cars are popping […]
- The Hidden Risk in Polaris Industries' Motorcycle Sales Strategy - Fox BusinessPosted on 3rd December 2016 at 3:37 pm
Fox Business The Hidden Risk in Polaris Industries' Motorcycle Sales StrategyFox BusinessSince […]
- Witchdoctor summons bee swarm to stop motorcycle thief - Motofire.comPosted on 3rd December 2016 at 11:05 am
Motofire.com Witchdoctor summons bee swarm to stop motorcycle thiefMotofire.comIn what is […]
- Man rescued from smoke-filled flat after mobility scooter fire - Bristol PostPosted on 3rd December 2016 at 10:30 am
Bristol Post Man rescued from smoke-filled flat after mobility scooter fireBristol PostA man had […]
- Have you seen this motorized scooter? - BarrieTodayPosted on 2nd December 2016 at 5:06 pm
BarrieToday Have you seen this motorized scooter?BarrieTodayTOWN OF PENETANGUISHENE – […]
- Christmas gifts for children by scooter convoy - Wakefield Express - Wakefield...Posted on 2nd December 2016 at 3:11 pm
Christmas gifts for children by scooter convoy - Wakefield ExpressWakefield ExpressVisit now for […]
- Caitlyn Jenner models sunglasses that look more suited for a bicycle ride -...Posted on 4th December 2016 at 12:48 am
Daily Mail Caitlyn Jenner models sunglasses that look more suited for a bicycle rideDaily […]
- Bicycles back in troubled Kashmir - Deccan HeraldPosted on 3rd December 2016 at 7:53 pm
Bicycles back in troubled KashmirDeccan HeraldIn an era where driving swanky sedans is cherished as […]
- Family's 'miracle' as bicycle thieves return James' last gift from his ... -...Posted on 3rd December 2016 at 10:10 am
Belfast Telegraph Family's 'miracle' as bicycle thieves return James' last gift from his […]