A65 route, A59 route, A64 route, A170 route & A171 route
According to Think.direct.gov.uk,
Motorcyclists are just 1% of total road traffic, but account for 19% of all road user deaths. They are roughly 38 times more likely to be killed in a road traffic accident than car occupants, per mile ridden. In 2013, 331 motorcyclists died and 4,866 were seriously injured in road collisions in Great Britain.’ In addition, the organisation says that, ‘30 motorcyclists are killed or injured every day at junctions.
Based on collected data, routes with the highest risk for motorcyclists are highlighted on the following map between 2010 and 2014.
Looking at the history of motorcycle accidents, the number of two wheelers licensed in the UK was nearly 950,000 by the beginning of 2003. In 2004, 25,641 motorcyclists were injured and 585 killed. Even though these figures show a decrease compared to the figures in 2003, the number still remained too high given the fact that such accidents could arguably be avoided.
Even though the number in motorcyclist’s death has decreased since 2013, the number of serious injury kept on steadily increasing. Based on the ‘Number of fatalities resulting from road accidents in Great Britain between 2000 to 2013’ published by the Department of Transport,
The average death toll for motorcyclists has come down around the 600 mark per year, however, the number of serious accidents showed an increase. There are over 7000 serious injuries cases taking place in a year, which is equivalent to 19 in a day.
Official statistics show that most common reason for motorcycle accidents were caused by car drivers failing to look properly while the other reasons related to bikers loss of control at the bend, when braking or while overtaking.
Studies show that are three typical types of motorcycle crash
- Right of way violation accidents (38% of cases)
- Loss of control at bends (11% of cases)
- Overtaking accidents (15% of cases)
The following videos are for the official DVSA motorcycle tests.
Motorcycle Test: Module 1
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Riding
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Safety Questions
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Result
Keep up to date with the lastest news from Google below.
- 50 years later, Dylan's motorcycle crash remains mysterious - Business InsiderPosted on 29th July 2016 at 4:19 am
Business Insider 50 years later, Dylan's motorcycle crash remains mysteriousBusiness InsiderFILE […]
- Motorcycle acrobatics enjoy a resurgence - Mexico News DailyPosted on 28th July 2016 at 10:54 pm
Mexico News Daily Motorcycle acrobatics enjoy a resurgenceMexico News DailyStarring classic […]
- Likely to be many more pedestrian and motorcycle deaths in India ... -...Posted on 28th July 2016 at 10:33 pm
Livemint Likely to be many more pedestrian and motorcycle deaths in India ...EurekAlert (press […]
- Boy, 11, hit by car while riding scooter in Penrith, Sydney - Daily MailPosted on 29th July 2016 at 9:34 am
Daily Mail Boy, 11, hit by car while riding scooter in Penrith, SydneyDaily MailA young boy has […]
- CityGo Urban Is the Metropolitan Scooter of the Future - Tech.CoPosted on 28th July 2016 at 11:00 pm
Tech.Co CityGo Urban Is the Metropolitan Scooter of the FutureTech.CoBut when you unfold it, […]
- Disabled resident "distraught" at theft of mobility scooter - and says ransom...Posted on 28th July 2016 at 4:48 pm
Barry and District News Disabled resident "distraught" at theft of mobility scooter - and says […]
- State, regional reports: Traffic, pedestrian and bicycle fatalities up from...Posted on 29th July 2016 at 5:39 am
The Oakland Press State, regional reports: Traffic, pedestrian and bicycle fatalities up from […]
- City improves on its reputation for bicycles - China DailyPosted on 29th July 2016 at 2:16 am
China Daily City improves on its reputation for bicyclesChina DailyGetting ready to welcome […]
- Bicycle-sharing scheme to be 'public-private partnership' - Channel NewsAsiaPosted on 29th July 2016 at 1:03 am
Channel NewsAsia Bicycle-sharing scheme to be 'public-private partnership'Channel […]