A65 route, A59 route, A64 route, A170 route & A171 route
According to Think.direct.gov.uk,
Motorcyclists are just 1% of total road traffic, but account for 19% of all road user deaths. They are roughly 38 times more likely to be killed in a road traffic accident than car occupants, per mile ridden. In 2013, 331 motorcyclists died and 4,866 were seriously injured in road collisions in Great Britain.’ In addition, the organisation says that, ‘30 motorcyclists are killed or injured every day at junctions.
Based on collected data, routes with the highest risk for motorcyclists are highlighted on the following map between 2010 and 2014.
Looking at the history of motorcycle accidents, the number of two wheelers licensed in the UK was nearly 950,000 by the beginning of 2003. In 2004, 25,641 motorcyclists were injured and 585 killed. Even though these figures show a decrease compared to the figures in 2003, the number still remained too high given the fact that such accidents could arguably be avoided.
Even though the number in motorcyclist’s death has decreased since 2013, the number of serious injury kept on steadily increasing. Based on the ‘Number of fatalities resulting from road accidents in Great Britain between 2000 to 2013’ published by the Department of Transport,
The average death toll for motorcyclists has come down around the 600 mark per year, however, the number of serious accidents showed an increase. There are over 7000 serious injuries cases taking place in a year, which is equivalent to 19 in a day.
Official statistics show that most common reason for motorcycle accidents were caused by car drivers failing to look properly while the other reasons related to bikers loss of control at the bend, when braking or while overtaking.
Studies show that are three typical types of motorcycle crash
- Right of way violation accidents (38% of cases)
- Loss of control at bends (11% of cases)
- Overtaking accidents (15% of cases)
The following videos are for the official DVSA motorcycle tests.
Motorcycle Test: Module 1
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Riding
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Safety Questions
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Result
Keep up to date with the lastest news from Google below.
- Honda resumes full production at quake-hit motorcycle plant - Daily MailPosted on 24th August 2016 at 3:13 am
Honda resumes full production at quake-hit motorcycle plantDaily MailTOKYO (AP) — Japan's […]
- Woman shot during alleged attempted motorcycle robbery, police say - WJLAPosted on 24th August 2016 at 2:17 am
WJLA Woman shot during alleged attempted motorcycle robbery, police sayWJLAPolice say everything […]
- Motorcycle rider killed in crash on I-15 off-ramp & D Street identified as...Posted on 24th August 2016 at 2:15 am
Motorcycle rider killed in crash on I-15 off-ramp & D Street identified as News 3 […]
- Hilary Duff Signs Deal with Scooter Braun's Management! - Just Jared - Just...Posted on 24th August 2016 at 2:56 am
Hilary Duff Signs Deal with Scooter Braun's Management! - Just JaredJust JaredHilary Duff Signs […]
- Appeal for help after hit-run on mobility scooter - The AgePosted on 24th August 2016 at 12:58 am
The Age Appeal for help after hit-run on mobility scooterThe AgeA woman who was hit by a car […]
- Biarritz to Chamonix by scooter charity challenge - Chamonet.comPosted on 24th August 2016 at 12:09 am
Chamonet.com Biarritz to Chamonix by scooter charity challengeChamonet.comOn Sunday 28th August, […]
- One in five bicycle injuries happen in marked on-road bike lanes: new study -...Posted on 24th August 2016 at 8:32 am
The Age One in five bicycle injuries happen in marked on-road bike lanes: new studyThe AgeThink […]
- WATCH: Stoke striker Peter Crouch's bicycle kick seals hat-trick - SkySportsPosted on 23rd August 2016 at 11:10 pm
SkySports WATCH: Stoke striker Peter Crouch's bicycle kick seals hat-trickSkySportsPeter Crouch […]
- It's not an apartment building, it's a bicycle house - TreehuggerPosted on 23rd August 2016 at 6:13 pm
Treehugger It's not an apartment building, it's a bicycle houseTreehuggerApartment buildings […]