A65 route, A59 route, A64 route, A170 route & A171 route
According to Think.direct.gov.uk,
Motorcyclists are just 1% of total road traffic, but account for 19% of all road user deaths. They are roughly 38 times more likely to be killed in a road traffic accident than car occupants, per mile ridden. In 2013, 331 motorcyclists died and 4,866 were seriously injured in road collisions in Great Britain.’ In addition, the organisation says that, ‘30 motorcyclists are killed or injured every day at junctions.
Based on collected data, routes with the highest risk for motorcyclists are highlighted on the following map between 2010 and 2014.
Looking at the history of motorcycle accidents, the number of two wheelers licensed in the UK was nearly 950,000 by the beginning of 2003. In 2004, 25,641 motorcyclists were injured and 585 killed. Even though these figures show a decrease compared to the figures in 2003, the number still remained too high given the fact that such accidents could arguably be avoided.
Even though the number in motorcyclist’s death has decreased since 2013, the number of serious injury kept on steadily increasing. Based on the ‘Number of fatalities resulting from road accidents in Great Britain between 2000 to 2013’ published by the Department of Transport,
The average death toll for motorcyclists has come down around the 600 mark per year, however, the number of serious accidents showed an increase. There are over 7000 serious injuries cases taking place in a year, which is equivalent to 19 in a day.
Official statistics show that most common reason for motorcycle accidents were caused by car drivers failing to look properly while the other reasons related to bikers loss of control at the bend, when braking or while overtaking.
Studies show that are three typical types of motorcycle crash
- Right of way violation accidents (38% of cases)
- Loss of control at bends (11% of cases)
- Overtaking accidents (15% of cases)
The following videos are for the official DVSA motorcycle tests.
Motorcycle Test: Module 1
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Riding
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Safety Questions
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Result
Keep up to date with the lastest news from Google below.
- 1 Dead After Motorcycle Crashes in Building in Chelsea - NBC BostonPosted on 24th April 2017 at 1:10 am
NBC Boston 1 Dead After Motorcycle Crashes in Building in ChelseaNBC BostonInvestigators are […]
- Horrific dashcam footage shows Police ram - and kill - Motorcycle ... -...Posted on 23rd April 2017 at 10:12 pm
Motofire.com Horrific dashcam footage shows Police ram - and kill - Motorcycle […]
- Costs mount despite Waco motorcycle gang trials on hold - Daily MailPosted on 23rd April 2017 at 6:49 pm
Costs mount despite Waco motorcycle gang trials on holdDaily MailWACO, Texas (AP) - Costs are […]
- West Cheshire College tour primary schools with scooter play ... -...Posted on 23rd April 2017 at 8:57 am
ChesterChronicle.co.uk West Cheshire College tour primary schools with scooter play […]
- Try Out A Mobility Scooter In Whitby Today - Yorkshire Coast RadioPosted on 22nd April 2017 at 7:10 am
Yorkshire Coast Radio Try Out A Mobility Scooter In Whitby TodayYorkshire Coast RadioMany people […]
- Scooter daredevil, 9, leaves Amanda Holden's "heart in her mouth ... -...Posted on 21st April 2017 at 11:01 pm
Mirror.co.uk Scooter daredevil, 9, leaves Amanda Holden's "heart in her mouth ...Mirror.co.ukA […]
- Man shot while riding bicycle in Gage Park - Fox 32 ChicagoPosted on 23rd April 2017 at 10:46 pm
Fox 32 Chicago Man shot while riding bicycle in Gage ParkFox 32 ChicagoCHICAGO (SUN TIMES MEDIA […]
- You can make a difference by donating your old bicycle - CTV NewsPosted on 23rd April 2017 at 8:33 pm
CTV News You can make a difference by donating your old bicycleCTV NewsIf you have an old […]
- Bicycle-hire customer in China charged US$60000 for 20 minutes - South China...Posted on 23rd April 2017 at 9:13 am
South China Morning Post Bicycle-hire customer in China charged US$60000 for 20 minutesSouth […]