A65 route, A59 route, A64 route, A170 route & A171 route
According to Think.direct.gov.uk,
Motorcyclists are just 1% of total road traffic, but account for 19% of all road user deaths. They are roughly 38 times more likely to be killed in a road traffic accident than car occupants, per mile ridden. In 2013, 331 motorcyclists died and 4,866 were seriously injured in road collisions in Great Britain.’ In addition, the organisation says that, ‘30 motorcyclists are killed or injured every day at junctions.
Based on collected data, routes with the highest risk for motorcyclists are highlighted on the following map between 2010 and 2014.
Looking at the history of motorcycle accidents, the number of two wheelers licensed in the UK was nearly 950,000 by the beginning of 2003. In 2004, 25,641 motorcyclists were injured and 585 killed. Even though these figures show a decrease compared to the figures in 2003, the number still remained too high given the fact that such accidents could arguably be avoided.
Even though the number in motorcyclist’s death has decreased since 2013, the number of serious injury kept on steadily increasing. Based on the ‘Number of fatalities resulting from road accidents in Great Britain between 2000 to 2013’ published by the Department of Transport,
The average death toll for motorcyclists has come down around the 600 mark per year, however, the number of serious accidents showed an increase. There are over 7000 serious injuries cases taking place in a year, which is equivalent to 19 in a day.
Official statistics show that most common reason for motorcycle accidents were caused by car drivers failing to look properly while the other reasons related to bikers loss of control at the bend, when braking or while overtaking.
Studies show that are three typical types of motorcycle crash
- Right of way violation accidents (38% of cases)
- Loss of control at bends (11% of cases)
- Overtaking accidents (15% of cases)
The following videos are for the official DVSA motorcycle tests.
Motorcycle Test: Module 1
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Riding
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Safety Questions
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Result
Keep up to date with the lastest news from Google below.
- Driver runs over motorcycle in horrifying road-rage incident caught on camera -...Posted on 31st May 2016 at 5:58 pm
Washington Post Driver runs over motorcycle in horrifying road-rage incident caught on […]
- Woman, 34, killed in Owego motorcycle crash - Press & Sun-BulletinPosted on 31st May 2016 at 5:52 pm
Press & Sun-Bulletin Woman, 34, killed in Owego motorcycle crashPress & […]
- 2 from Twin Cities on motorcycle die in western Wis. collision - Minneapolis...Posted on 31st May 2016 at 4:07 pm
CBS Local 2 from Twin Cities on motorcycle die in western Wis. collisionMinneapolis Star […]
- Of Course Jaden Smith's Suitcase Is Also a Scooter - GQ MagazinePosted on 31st May 2016 at 5:01 pm
GQ Magazine Of Course Jaden Smith's Suitcase Is Also a ScooterGQ MagazineWhile you were at the […]
- Truck driver charged with hit-and-run in NC scooter death - WXII The TriadPosted on 31st May 2016 at 1:20 pm
WXII The Triad Truck driver charged with hit-and-run in NC scooter deathWXII The […]
- 12-year-old girl injured after car strikes scooter - Buffalo NewsPosted on 31st May 2016 at 12:36 pm
12-year-old girl injured after car strikes scooterBuffalo NewsA 12-year-old girl riding a power […]
- Stolen bicycle returned to boy, 12, after social media appeal - Grimsby...Posted on 31st May 2016 at 4:28 pm
Grimsby Telegraph Stolen bicycle returned to boy, 12, after social media appealGrimsby […]
- Books by the bicycle-load: mobile book store hits Edmonton roads - CBC.caPosted on 31st May 2016 at 4:26 pm
CBC.ca Books by the bicycle-load: mobile book store hits Edmonton roadsCBC.caAn Edmonton couple […]
- Bicycle price-fixing clampdown - Probe reveals why bike prices shot up! - Times...Posted on 31st May 2016 at 3:00 pm
Times LIVE Bicycle price-fixing clampdown - Probe reveals why bike prices shot up!Times LIVEThe […]