A65 route, A59 route, A64 route, A170 route & A171 route
According to Think.direct.gov.uk,
Motorcyclists are just 1% of total road traffic, but account for 19% of all road user deaths. They are roughly 38 times more likely to be killed in a road traffic accident than car occupants, per mile ridden. In 2013, 331 motorcyclists died and 4,866 were seriously injured in road collisions in Great Britain.’ In addition, the organisation says that, ‘30 motorcyclists are killed or injured every day at junctions.
Based on collected data, routes with the highest risk for motorcyclists are highlighted on the following map between 2010 and 2014.
Looking at the history of motorcycle accidents, the number of two wheelers licensed in the UK was nearly 950,000 by the beginning of 2003. In 2004, 25,641 motorcyclists were injured and 585 killed. Even though these figures show a decrease compared to the figures in 2003, the number still remained too high given the fact that such accidents could arguably be avoided.
Even though the number in motorcyclist’s death has decreased since 2013, the number of serious injury kept on steadily increasing. Based on the ‘Number of fatalities resulting from road accidents in Great Britain between 2000 to 2013’ published by the Department of Transport,
The average death toll for motorcyclists has come down around the 600 mark per year, however, the number of serious accidents showed an increase. There are over 7000 serious injuries cases taking place in a year, which is equivalent to 19 in a day.
Official statistics show that most common reason for motorcycle accidents were caused by car drivers failing to look properly while the other reasons related to bikers loss of control at the bend, when braking or while overtaking.
Studies show that are three typical types of motorcycle crash
- Right of way violation accidents (38% of cases)
- Loss of control at bends (11% of cases)
- Overtaking accidents (15% of cases)
The following videos are for the official DVSA motorcycle tests.
Motorcycle Test: Module 1
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Riding
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Safety Questions
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Result
Keep up to date with the lastest news from Google below.
- Texas State student killed in motorcycle crash - KXAN.comPosted on 20th January 2017 at 7:56 pm
KXAN.com Texas State student killed in motorcycle crashKXAN.comQuirino Ramirez, 20, a Texas […]
- Dramatic moment motorcycle thief pushes baby to snatch iPhone from unsuspecting...Posted on 20th January 2017 at 4:51 pm
Mirror.co.uk Dramatic moment motorcycle thief pushes baby to snatch iPhone from unsuspecting […]
- Fatal motorcycle accident closes Route 25 in Newtown - Danbury News TimesPosted on 20th January 2017 at 3:34 pm
Danbury News Times Fatal motorcycle accident closes Route 25 in NewtownDanbury News TimesNEWTOWN […]
- “Mental” scooter driver tailgates, undertakes and barges into fast lane -...Posted on 20th January 2017 at 4:51 pm
“Mental” scooter driver tailgates, undertakes and barges into fast laneDeadline […]
- Woman riding pillion on scooter loses part of leg in crash with ... -...Posted on 20th January 2017 at 8:20 am
Border Counties Advertizer Woman riding pillion on scooter loses part of leg in crash with […]
- Plenty of Vroom in new museum... - Dunfermline PressPosted on 20th January 2017 at 7:09 am
Dunfermline Press Plenty of Vroom in new museum...Dunfermline PressAfter a public poll on what […]
- Bicycle yojana has given wing to girls' aspirations: Nitish Kumar - The HinduPosted on 21st January 2017 at 12:38 am
The Hindu Bicycle yojana has given wing to girls' aspirations: Nitish KumarThe HinduHighlighting […]
- Bicycle thief and speeder are the latest criminals to appear in South ... -...Posted on 20th January 2017 at 9:01 pm
Burton Mail Bicycle thief and speeder are the latest criminals to appear in South ...Burton […]
- Passenger in car 'deliberately pushed cyclist off bike' - Dorset EchoPosted on 20th January 2017 at 5:56 pm
Dorset Echo Passenger in car 'deliberately pushed cyclist off bike'Dorset EchoA CYCLIST was […]