A65 route, A59 route, A64 route, A170 route & A171 route
According to Think.direct.gov.uk,
Motorcyclists are just 1% of total road traffic, but account for 19% of all road user deaths. They are roughly 38 times more likely to be killed in a road traffic accident than car occupants, per mile ridden. In 2013, 331 motorcyclists died and 4,866 were seriously injured in road collisions in Great Britain.’ In addition, the organisation says that, ‘30 motorcyclists are killed or injured every day at junctions.
Based on collected data, routes with the highest risk for motorcyclists are highlighted on the following map between 2010 and 2014.
Looking at the history of motorcycle accidents, the number of two wheelers licensed in the UK was nearly 950,000 by the beginning of 2003. In 2004, 25,641 motorcyclists were injured and 585 killed. Even though these figures show a decrease compared to the figures in 2003, the number still remained too high given the fact that such accidents could arguably be avoided.
Even though the number in motorcyclist’s death has decreased since 2013, the number of serious injury kept on steadily increasing. Based on the ‘Number of fatalities resulting from road accidents in Great Britain between 2000 to 2013’ published by the Department of Transport,
The average death toll for motorcyclists has come down around the 600 mark per year, however, the number of serious accidents showed an increase. There are over 7000 serious injuries cases taking place in a year, which is equivalent to 19 in a day.
Official statistics show that most common reason for motorcycle accidents were caused by car drivers failing to look properly while the other reasons related to bikers loss of control at the bend, when braking or while overtaking.
Studies show that are three typical types of motorcycle crash
- Right of way violation accidents (38% of cases)
- Loss of control at bends (11% of cases)
- Overtaking accidents (15% of cases)
The following videos are for the official DVSA motorcycle tests.
Motorcycle Test: Module 1
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Riding
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Safety Questions
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Result
Keep up to date with the lastest news from Google below.
- MOTORCYCLE AND CAR COLLIDE ON FAIRLEE ROAD - Island EchoPosted on 21st October 2016 at 2:45 pm
Island Echo MOTORCYCLE AND CAR COLLIDE ON FAIRLEE ROADIsland EchoEmergency services are […]
- Motorcycle passenger dies in hit and run crash - Bristol Herald Courier (press...Posted on 21st October 2016 at 11:24 am
Motorcycle passenger dies in hit and run crashBristol Herald Courier (press release) (blog)(AP) […]
- 2 dead after vehicle and motorcycle crash in Atlantic Beach - Firstcoastnews.comPosted on 21st October 2016 at 7:52 am
Firstcoastnews.com 2 dead after vehicle and motorcycle crash in Atlantic […]
- Thief on mobility scooter breaks into charity shop and steals ... a mobility...Posted on 21st October 2016 at 8:59 am
Express.co.uk Thief on mobility scooter breaks into charity shop and steals ... a mobility […]
- Errant riders are a few black sheep, says embattled e-scooter community -...Posted on 21st October 2016 at 6:35 am
Channel NewsAsia Errant riders are a few black sheep, says embattled e-scooter communityChannel […]
- Deliveroo is looking for scooter drivers and cyclists in Nottingham -...Posted on 20th October 2016 at 3:45 pm
Nottingham Post Deliveroo is looking for scooter drivers and cyclists in NottinghamNottingham […]
- FBI: Bicycle bank robber wanted in 4 more heists - Cherokee Tribune Ledger NewsPosted on 21st October 2016 at 1:44 pm
Cherokee Tribune Ledger News FBI: Bicycle bank robber wanted in 4 more heistsCherokee Tribune […]
- SkunkLock: The bicycle lock that makes thieves vomit - International Business...Posted on 21st October 2016 at 12:39 pm
International Business Times UK SkunkLock: The bicycle lock that makes thieves […]
- 'Blue Bicycle' ('Mavi Bisiklet'): Film Review | Antalya Film Festival 2016 -...Posted on 20th October 2016 at 10:05 pm
Hollywood Reporter 'Blue Bicycle' ('Mavi Bisiklet'): Film Review | Antalya Film Festival […]