A65 route, A59 route, A64 route, A170 route & A171 route
According to Think.direct.gov.uk,
Motorcyclists are just 1% of total road traffic, but account for 19% of all road user deaths. They are roughly 38 times more likely to be killed in a road traffic accident than car occupants, per mile ridden. In 2013, 331 motorcyclists died and 4,866 were seriously injured in road collisions in Great Britain.’ In addition, the organisation says that, ‘30 motorcyclists are killed or injured every day at junctions.
Based on collected data, routes with the highest risk for motorcyclists are highlighted on the following map between 2010 and 2014.
Looking at the history of motorcycle accidents, the number of two wheelers licensed in the UK was nearly 950,000 by the beginning of 2003. In 2004, 25,641 motorcyclists were injured and 585 killed. Even though these figures show a decrease compared to the figures in 2003, the number still remained too high given the fact that such accidents could arguably be avoided.
Even though the number in motorcyclist’s death has decreased since 2013, the number of serious injury kept on steadily increasing. Based on the ‘Number of fatalities resulting from road accidents in Great Britain between 2000 to 2013’ published by the Department of Transport,
The average death toll for motorcyclists has come down around the 600 mark per year, however, the number of serious accidents showed an increase. There are over 7000 serious injuries cases taking place in a year, which is equivalent to 19 in a day.
Official statistics show that most common reason for motorcycle accidents were caused by car drivers failing to look properly while the other reasons related to bikers loss of control at the bend, when braking or while overtaking.
Studies show that are three typical types of motorcycle crash
- Right of way violation accidents (38% of cases)
- Loss of control at bends (11% of cases)
- Overtaking accidents (15% of cases)
The following videos are for the official DVSA motorcycle tests.
Motorcycle Test: Module 1
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Riding
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Safety Questions
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Result
Keep up to date with the lastest news from Google below.
- Pearland man accused of using Craigslist to commit string of motorcycle thefts...Posted on 20th February 2017 at 10:49 pm
Chron.com Pearland man accused of using Craigslist to commit string of motorcycle […]
- Three Killed in Motorcycle Crashes Over the Weekend | Local News ... - WspyNews...Posted on 20th February 2017 at 3:54 pm
WspyNews (press release) (registration) Three Killed in Motorcycle Crashes Over the Weekend | […]
- A Born-Again Indian Motorcycles Is Here to Dethrone Harley-Davidson - MaximPosted on 20th February 2017 at 2:34 pm
Maxim A Born-Again Indian Motorcycles Is Here to Dethrone Harley-DavidsonMaximLegend tells of a […]
- Texas man charged after video shows him dragging dog behind motorized scooter -...Posted on 21st February 2017 at 12:01 am
New York Daily News Texas man charged after video shows him dragging dog behind motorized […]
- Shocking moment disabled pensioner on mobility scooter robbed in ... -...Posted on 20th February 2017 at 10:56 pm
Mirror.co.uk Shocking moment disabled pensioner on mobility scooter robbed in ...Mirror.co.ukThe […]
- Derby live: M1 collision, South Normanton scooter crash, Chaddesden lost...Posted on 20th February 2017 at 1:58 pm
Derby Telegraph Derby live: M1 collision, South Normanton scooter crash, Chaddesden lost wedding […]
- Tucson's Wheels for Kids donates its 2000th refurbished bicycle - Arizona Daily...Posted on 21st February 2017 at 3:49 am
Arizona Daily Star Tucson's Wheels for Kids donates its 2000th refurbished bicycleArizona Daily […]
- DBKL to check damage done to impounded bicycle - The Star OnlinePosted on 20th February 2017 at 11:45 pm
The Star Online DBKL to check damage done to impounded bicycleThe Star OnlineKUALA LUMPUR: The […]
- Bill Cunningham's Iconic Bicycle & Jacket to Join the New-York Historical...Posted on 20th February 2017 at 5:50 pm
Out Magazine Bill Cunningham's Iconic Bicycle & Jacket to Join the New-York Historical […]