A65 route, A59 route, A64 route, A170 route & A171 route
According to Think.direct.gov.uk,
Motorcyclists are just 1% of total road traffic, but account for 19% of all road user deaths. They are roughly 38 times more likely to be killed in a road traffic accident than car occupants, per mile ridden. In 2013, 331 motorcyclists died and 4,866 were seriously injured in road collisions in Great Britain.’ In addition, the organisation says that, ‘30 motorcyclists are killed or injured every day at junctions.
Based on collected data, routes with the highest risk for motorcyclists are highlighted on the following map between 2010 and 2014.
Looking at the history of motorcycle accidents, the number of two wheelers licensed in the UK was nearly 950,000 by the beginning of 2003. In 2004, 25,641 motorcyclists were injured and 585 killed. Even though these figures show a decrease compared to the figures in 2003, the number still remained too high given the fact that such accidents could arguably be avoided.
Even though the number in motorcyclist’s death has decreased since 2013, the number of serious injury kept on steadily increasing. Based on the ‘Number of fatalities resulting from road accidents in Great Britain between 2000 to 2013’ published by the Department of Transport,
The average death toll for motorcyclists has come down around the 600 mark per year, however, the number of serious accidents showed an increase. There are over 7000 serious injuries cases taking place in a year, which is equivalent to 19 in a day.
Official statistics show that most common reason for motorcycle accidents were caused by car drivers failing to look properly while the other reasons related to bikers loss of control at the bend, when braking or while overtaking.
Studies show that are three typical types of motorcycle crash
- Right of way violation accidents (38% of cases)
- Loss of control at bends (11% of cases)
- Overtaking accidents (15% of cases)
The following videos are for the official DVSA motorcycle tests.
Motorcycle Test: Module 1
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Riding
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Safety Questions
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Result
Keep up to date with the lastest news from Google below.
- We rode an electric motorcycle that could change the way you think ... -...Posted on 25th June 2017 at 3:41 pm
Business Insider UK We rode an electric motorcycle that could change the way you think […]
- Toddler taken to burns unit after incident involving stationary ... - The ArgusPosted on 25th June 2017 at 4:18 am
The Argus Toddler taken to burns unit after incident involving stationary ...The ArgusA MOTHER […]
- Accident involving car and motorcycle in Va. Beach leaves one with...Posted on 24th June 2017 at 9:22 pm
13newsnow.com Accident involving car and motorcycle in Va. Beach leaves one with […]
- Scooter rider dies in A487 crash in Gwynedd - Daily Post North WalesPosted on 25th June 2017 at 4:59 pm
Daily Post North Wales Scooter rider dies in A487 crash in GwyneddDaily Post North WalesScooter […]
- Electric Big Phat Scooter Offers Versatility & Oomph - CleanTechnicaPosted on 25th June 2017 at 3:29 pm
CleanTechnica Electric Big Phat Scooter Offers Versatility & OomphCleanTechnicaRiding fat […]
- 'People are stupid man': Police create video of thieves stealing scooters to...Posted on 23rd June 2017 at 4:08 pm
Daily Mail 'People are stupid man': Police create video of thieves stealing scooters to […]
- This bicycle kick from an MLS centre back was an incredible display of...Posted on 25th June 2017 at 11:05 am
JOE.co.uk This bicycle kick from an MLS centre back was an incredible display of […]
- Why I'll always love my bicycle tattoo - The Sydney Morning Herald - The Sydney...Posted on 25th June 2017 at 7:45 am
The Sydney Morning Herald Why I'll always love my bicycle tattoo - The Sydney Morning HeraldThe […]
- Bella! Katie Holmes, 38, looked radiant as she filmed on a bicycle for her new...Posted on 22nd June 2017 at 4:10 pm
Daily Mail Bella! Katie Holmes, 38, looked radiant as she filmed on a bicycle for her new […]