A65 route, A59 route, A64 route, A170 route & A171 route
According to Think.direct.gov.uk,
Motorcyclists are just 1% of total road traffic, but account for 19% of all road user deaths. They are roughly 38 times more likely to be killed in a road traffic accident than car occupants, per mile ridden. In 2013, 331 motorcyclists died and 4,866 were seriously injured in road collisions in Great Britain.’ In addition, the organisation says that, ‘30 motorcyclists are killed or injured every day at junctions.
Based on collected data, routes with the highest risk for motorcyclists are highlighted on the following map between 2010 and 2014.
Looking at the history of motorcycle accidents, the number of two wheelers licensed in the UK was nearly 950,000 by the beginning of 2003. In 2004, 25,641 motorcyclists were injured and 585 killed. Even though these figures show a decrease compared to the figures in 2003, the number still remained too high given the fact that such accidents could arguably be avoided.
Even though the number in motorcyclist’s death has decreased since 2013, the number of serious injury kept on steadily increasing. Based on the ‘Number of fatalities resulting from road accidents in Great Britain between 2000 to 2013’ published by the Department of Transport,
The average death toll for motorcyclists has come down around the 600 mark per year, however, the number of serious accidents showed an increase. There are over 7000 serious injuries cases taking place in a year, which is equivalent to 19 in a day.
Official statistics show that most common reason for motorcycle accidents were caused by car drivers failing to look properly while the other reasons related to bikers loss of control at the bend, when braking or while overtaking.
Studies show that are three typical types of motorcycle crash
- Right of way violation accidents (38% of cases)
- Loss of control at bends (11% of cases)
- Overtaking accidents (15% of cases)
The following videos are for the official DVSA motorcycle tests.
Motorcycle Test: Module 1
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Briefing
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – On-Road Riding
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Safety Questions
Motorcycle Test: Module 2 – Result
Keep up to date with the lastest news from Google below.
- Herkimer Co. man killed in motorcycle crash - Utica Observer DispatchPosted on 24th September 2016 at 8:03 pm
Herkimer Co. man killed in motorcycle crashUtica Observer DispatchBy Observer-Dispatch. WARREN […]
- Newton man seriously injured when motorcycle collides with car - My Fox BostonPosted on 24th September 2016 at 6:11 pm
WCVB Boston Newton man seriously injured when motorcycle collides with carMy Fox BostonWALTHAM, […]
- As tensions rise, no more motorcycle diaries - The HinduPosted on 24th September 2016 at 12:35 pm
As tensions rise, no more motorcycle diariesThe HinduThe machines vroom ahead to match the howling […]
- Ariana Grande reunites with manager Scooter Braun - New MagazinePosted on 24th September 2016 at 11:16 am
New Magazine Ariana Grande reunites with manager Scooter BraunNew MagazineHowever, Ariana and […]
- Boy riding a push scooter sets fire to California Wal-Mart with a lighter -...Posted on 24th September 2016 at 5:52 am
Daily Mail Boy riding a push scooter sets fire to California Wal-Mart with a lighterDaily MailA […]
- Shocking moment man violently kicks another motorcyclist off her scooter -...Posted on 23rd September 2016 at 3:34 pm
Daily Mail Shocking moment man violently kicks another motorcyclist off her scooterDaily MailA […]
- Bicycle Man Outreach Project collects donated bicycles Saturday - Fayetteville...Posted on 24th September 2016 at 8:00 pm
Bicycle Man Outreach Project collects donated bicycles SaturdayFayetteville ObserverKeith Melvin […]
- Another bicycle vs. car crash in Brockton area - Enterprise NewsPosted on 24th September 2016 at 4:33 pm
Enterprise News Another bicycle vs. car crash in Brockton areaEnterprise NewsOn Thursday […]
- Gerard Piqué zips around with son Milan on a customised Barcelona FC bicycle -...Posted on 23rd September 2016 at 3:23 pm
Daily Mail Gerard Piqué zips around with son Milan on a customised Barcelona FC […]